Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any requirements for co-financing, blending in other sources of funding, or working with existing projects?
No. The GAFSP Steering Committee will review all project types that are aligned with the country guidelines, including new standalone projects, funding for larger projects, and funding for projects that expand on existing work.
- What languages can applicants use to submit their files?
English is the operational language of GAFSP, thus submissions are expected in English. While the GAFSP proposals are always required to be in English, supporting documents may be submitted in French. In exceptional cases, the Steering Committee may allow countries to submit supporting documents such as the full strategy and investment plan in other major languages. For planned submissions in other major languages, please contact the GAFSP Coordination Unit (CU) at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submission.
- Specific Questions regarding the proposal:
- For African Countries that have completed a National Agricultural Investment Plan (NAIP), are they expected to summarize the closed NAIP or is the application only concerned with an ongoing NAIP?
- Countries should summarize implementation performance under the current NAIP if one exists, or to summarise performance under their most recent one if they are ‘in between’ or have not finalised a new NAIP.
- Is there an indicative or expected length for the proposal in terms of number of pages or words?
There is no indicative or expected length for the proposal. In previous Calls for Proposals, the proposals were generally 15-25 pages long with the specific proposal for GAFSP Funding (Part 2) being the bulk of the proposal with approximately 10-15 pages.
- What countries are eligible for funding?
This Special Call is targeting countries in fragile and conflict-affected situations that are also IDA-only and not in non-accrual status. The following 24 countries are eligible for funding:
Africa (14 countries)
East Asia and the Pacific (6 countries)
Eastern Europe (1 country)
Kosovo Latin America & the Caribbean (1 country) Haiti Middle East and North Africa (1 country) Yemen South Asia (1 country) Afghanistan