Special Call for Proposals 2019
The Special Call for Proposals targeting countries affected by fragility, conflict, and violence (FCV) closed on September 10, 2019. GAFSP received complete applications from all 24 eligible countries. The amount requested totaled $370.8 million.
Countries that submitted complete packages:
- Africa (14): Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, The Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, South Sudan, Togo
- East Asia and the Pacific (6): Kiribati, Marshall Islands, FS Micronesia, Myanmar, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu
- Eastern Europe (1): Kosovo
- Latin America & Caribbean (1): Haiti
- Middle East and North Africa (1): Yemen
- South Asia (1): Afghanistan
Eligibility for this call was limited to countries that are fragile and conflict-affected as determined by the World Bank Group that are also IDA-only and not in non-accrual status.
In this Special Call, GAFSP was looking for proposals that clearly justify the proposed public sector investment, and that also consider opportunities for complementary private sector engagement.
GAFSP encouraged proposals aiming to reduce risk and vulnerability, in contexts of fragility, and increase the impact of agricultural interventions through an emphasis on cross-cutting themes.
Detailed funds allocation:
Afghanistan (US$15 million), Central African Republic (US$15.4), Cote d'Ivoire (US$12 million), Democratic Republic of Congo (US$15 million), Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, and Tuvalu (US$12 million), Liberia (US$8.2 million), Yemen (US$20 million)