Third Call for Proposals 2013
The Third Call for Proposals for the GAFSP Public Sector Window closed at midnight (Washington, DC time) on June 5, 2013. GAFSP received complete applications from 20 eligible countries. The amount requested totaled $732.8 million.
Countries that submitted complete packages:
- Africa (12): Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Uganda, and Zambia
- Asia (4): Bhutan, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, and Timor-Leste
- Latin America & Caribbean (3): Guyana, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- Middle East (1): Yemen
The GAFSP Steering Committee selected 8 projects in 8 countries for the funding of $255 million.
Detailed funds allocation:
Burkina Faso ($37.1 million; World Bank), Honduras ($30 million; World Bank), Kyrgyz Republic (additional $21.5 million; World Bank), Mali ($37.2 million; AFDB), Nicaragua ($33.9 million), Uganda ($27.6 million; World Bank), Yemen ($36 million; World Bank), and Zambia ($31.1 million; AFDB).
Documents and guidelines
- Public Sector Announcement Letter (March 1, 2013, English)
- Public Sector Announcement Letter (March 1, 2013, French)
- Revised Country Guidelines (March 1, 2013, English)
- Revised Country Guidelines (March 1, 2013, French)