Fourth Call for Proposals 2017
The Fourth Call for Proposals for GAFSP closed on January 9, 2017. GAFSP received complete applications from 21 countries. The amount requested totaled $707.3 million.
Countries that submitted complete packages:
- Africa (15): Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Djibouti, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Tanzania
- Asia (4): Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal, Tonga
- Latin America & Caribbean (2): Guyana, Haiti
The fourth Call for Proposals was open to IDA-only countries that are not in non-accrual status.
GAFSP encouraged proposals aiming to reduce risk and vulnerability and increase the impact of agricultural intervention.
The funds are being used to help finance the strategic programs of these countries to alleviate poverty, improve rural incomes, and improve food and nutrition security.
Detailed funds allocation:
Burkina Faso ($24 million; World Bank), Ethiopia ($30 million; FAO& World Bank), Haiti ($10 million; IDB), Myanmar ($27 million; ADB & FAO), Nepal ($22.7 million; World Bank), Rwanda ($26.3 million; World Bank), Tanzania ($20 million; AFDB).
Documents and guidelines
- Announcement Letter (September 2016, English)
- Announcement Letter (September 2016, French)
- Country Guidelines (August 30, 2016, English)
- Country Guidelines (August 30, 2016, French)